Socorro County is an equal opportunity employer. The Human Resources department is responsible for the County's workforce employment and for payroll.
Employees can access their payroll records by using their Tyler sign-on information. If you need a username and password, contact Michael Hawkes.
All employees have access to free online training at LocalGovU. For username and password, contact HR Department.
Salina A. Lopez
PO Box I
Socorro NM 87801
Human Resources Forms
The Workers Comp Packet forms are listed below in numerical order, numbered 1 through 5. The First Step following an accident or injury is to call the Company Nurse at 877-518-6706 for triage and instructions.
Of course, if you need to get to the emergency room, do that first.
NATIVE AMERICAN VOTER CLERK/OFFICE DEPUTY CLERK
SOCORRO COUNTY POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: NATIVE AMERICAN VOTER CLERK/OFFICE DEPUTY CLERK I
Department: Office of the Clerk
Reports To: Socorro County Clerk
Any information contained in this job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities
required of all employees assigned to this job.
Under the supervision of the County Clerk, Chief Deputy Clerk or assigned supervisor, provides
information and assistance with voter rights to the extent that is needed to allow Native
Americans to effectively and efficiently participate in the electoral process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION:
1. High School diploma or the equivalent
2. Valid New Mexico Driver's License
3. The coordinator should preferably be fluent in both the English and Navajo languages
4. Preferably able to understand and communicate in English and Navajo
5. Preferably able to read and write in both English and Navajo
6. Preferably able to translate written and oral materials from English to Navajo especially
concerning election items
7. Basic computer knowledge
8. 2 years experience in the clerical field, which includes typing and customer service
9. Ability to learn basic knowledge of all laws, policies and ordinances pertaining to the
NVRA (National Voter Registration Act) process.
10. Able to instruct Native Americans on the election process
Preferably able to read and write proficiently in both English and Navajo; deal with the Public
and staff in a pleasant manner; prepare and analyze reports; must be able to assume
responsibility pleasantly and efficiently; ability to learn basic knowledge of all election laws,
policies and ordinances pertaining to voting rights including basic knowledge and
understanding of Federal Voting Rights Act.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Shall serve primarily at the Socorro County Clerk's Office and will be required to attend
meetings and travel to the area of the Alamo Chapter of the Navajo Nation.
2. Will be trained in all aspects of the election process.
3. Must attend all required election seminars, workshops and trainings conducted by the
Secretary of State and the Socorro County Clerk in different areas of the state.
4. Will serve as a county deputy registration officer and assist voters to complete voter
5. Provide voter registration information to the community of Alamo and notify them of
any registration deadlines.
6. Provide an opportunity to register to vote by making voter registration applications
available and offer assistance in filling out the application.
7. Will attend meetings of the Navajo communities within the county on a regular basis
and will make election information available.
8. Will attend Alamo Chapter meeting and chapter officers meeting to inform them of any
9. Shall notify the chapter officers in writing of any meetings or trainings before which the
coordinator will appear.
10. Must prepare and announce election information at Alamo Chapter meeting and with
local media. (KBAR)
11. Provide an opportunity to register to vote by making voter registration applications
available and offering assistance in filling out the application by providing booths or
displays at all tribal fairs or functions around the general area of Alamo Reservation
12. Will conduct at least one voter registration drive at Alamo prior to every primary and
13. Perform additional duties as required by supervisor.
14. Employee will assist in conducting training of all deputy registration officers, poll
officials, translators and other election related personnel who will participate in the
1. May have to work extended hours and weekends when needed
2. Worker must be able to attend meetings in Socorro and other locations as directed.
3. Lifting object weighing up to 20 pounds
4. Viewing computer monitors up to 8 hours
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Equipment typically used to perform duties that include telephone, computer, fax,
copy machine, postage machine, election machines, and printers.
2. Materials and products typically handled to perform duties include a wide variety of
forms and paperwork, reports that include registration forms, absentee applications,
voter registration lists and other election forms.
CLERK'S OFFICE-DEPUTY CLERK II
Job Title: Deputy Clerk II Job Code: 502
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR III-ROAD DEPT.
LABORER I-ROAD DEPT.
DETENTION CENTER-LIEUTENANT (IN-HOUSE ONLY)
Job Title: Detention Lieutenant Job Code:
DETENTION CENTER SERGEANT- (IN-HOUSE ONLY)
Job Title: Detention Sergeant I Job Code: 715